The tide pools and caves make for interesting excursions. Caution needs to be exercised as these areas can be traps when the high tide starts to roll in. This can be an extreme hazard on any beach. Check your tide schedule. We strongly suggest going at low tide and during the week if you possibly can for the very best experience to this very popular Los Angeles County, Malibu Beach.
El Matador Beach is popular also for bodysurfing as well as
bodyboarding. On quieter days you will enjoy kiting as well. Sunny days
are perfect for just relaxing on this beautiful and scenic beach.
Lifeguards are on duty on weekends only. There is plenty to see and do while visiting Malibu. Looking for more? The TripAdvisor banner on the left is set up to guide you through Malibu. Enjoy this best waterfront destination!
Getting to El Matador Beach is a bit of a challenge but anything worthwhile is always worth it. This beach is very much worth it. Here are a few tips.
• Located between Leo Carrillo Beach and Point Dume State Beach the address is 33215 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu. Very few signs to inform you so watch for them.
• Pay parking is in effect so be sure to look after that! Porta potties are located at the parking lot. A good set of legs will get you down the slightly difficult path.
• Drinking alcohol at El Matador Beach is extremely well monitored and regularly. If you would like to contribute $200.00 and donate alcohol to your local sheriff by all means bring alcohol!
• Although you may find some nude
sunbathing, nude sunbathing is not legal in Los Angeles. If you plan to
stay a few hours we suggest bring water and some snacks.
• Along with this beach you will find other pocket beaches which are part of the Robert Meyer Memorial State Beach. The other two beaches are El Pescador Beach as well as La Piedra Beach. You will also find these small beaches to be refreshing should El Matador Beach prove to be too crowded.
• Photo Credits •
Top photo: Flickr: Rafael Amado Deras
Bodysurfer: Flickr: sosidesc
Beachfront Hotel: TripAdvisor: Malibu Beach Inn
Thank you to all for your contribution to this page.