English Bay Beach (or First Beach) is the most popular of all Vancouver beaches. This Vancouver beach is host to the annual, world class fireworks competition named Celebration of Light and yearly Polar Bear Swim! You will also find great restaurants close by!
First Beach as it is sometimes called, also offers the best access to Vancouver's waterfront restaurants and restaurants on Denman Street, romantic strolls along the Stanley Park Seawall and so much more!
English Bay Beach offers the best sunsets in Vancouver for romantic evening strolls along the Pacific Ocean, famous Stanley Park and much more. The ever popular Cactus Club Cafe has the best beach location. "Cactus Club On The Beach" (We coined the name here!) was opened in the spring of 2012! You may also enjoy food from street vendors which are popular. You can get a decent hot dog from "The Dogfather"! Street entertainers are present during summer months and are a great deal of fun. English Bay Beach is lively.
English Bay Beach or First Beach is a good place to cool down on hot summer days in the cool ocean water. Lifeguards are on duty during summer. During full summer season you may also rent kayaks from Ecomarine Ocean Kayak Centre as well as enjoy some volleyball on its two volleyball courts! If you prefer to lie down on the lawn there is also a large grassy area for cooler relaxation!
• This link is preset to view all the best of Vancouver •
The annual Celebration of Light sponsored by Honda is a pyrotechnic's dream and has an attendance of approximately 1.5 million people during its 3 night event. It is a fireworks competition of 3 countries set to symphony. The event began in 1990 and is extremely popular. The world's leading fireworks pyrotechnicians set their spectacular fireworks to music creating a "fireworks ballet"!
Someone wanting one of the best views would be fortunate to book a room at the historic and waterfront Sylvia Hotel. Booking months in advance for a beach view room would be highly recommended. Booking reservations to view Celebration of Light at view restaurants is extremely difficult but doable for a price. Some restaurants have a set time limit for their tables in order to keep things moving. For 2019 the schedule dates will be July 27th, July 31, and August 3rd
Wanting the most current news for Celebration of Light? Click this link to the major sponsor to the Celebration of light!
Here is a video of the 2010 Symphony of Fire. You may also view the fireworks from Kits Beach and Jericho Beach. Another option to consider is a dinner cruise to watch the fireworks right on the waters of English Bay.
• Being on the Stanley Park Seawall system you can walk all the way around the Park!
• Sand Volleyball courts. Meet new friends!
• The old concession stand is gone. Replaced by "Cactus Club On The Beach" at English Bay, Vancouver!
• Kayak Rentals at Ecomarine Ocean Kayak Centre (reservations are recommended).
• Small BBQs allowed (subject to restrictions) nearby at Ceperley Meadow.
• Lifeguarded Victoria Day (late May) to Labour Day (early September).
• Swimming raft with large slide.
• Tons of restaurants on Denman Street and Davie Street. Looking for outstanding value? Although it may be a bit of a walk... try Stepho's. Order ahead of time, have it to go and eat on the English Bay Beach watching the sunset. Perfect for a romantic evening in Vancouver!
Here is our interactive map of English Bay Beach and Vancouver's best beaches!
Best-waterfront-destinations.com has assembled the best beaches of Vancouver on one easy to use, interactive map.
Take the time to become familiar with Google's map features and start planning your Vancouver beach vacation today! Expand the map and click on the man in the left upper corner of the map and you will be able to visit Vancouver and its beaches from your computer!
• Photo Credits •
-Sunset at English Bay: Al
-English Bay Video: Edward Jurak
-Celebration of Light Fireworks: Facebook, SHERWIN ANDAL/Eyes Of Sherwin Photography