Oregon Coast Vacation Begins Here
Your amazing Oregon coast vacation will start with the amazing drive along the Oregon Coast! This is one not to be missed. As a matter of fact, the Oregon Coast Drive made the "TOP 10 U.S. PLACES TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE" list on Yahoo! Highway 101 hugs the shores of the Pacific ocean. Over 300 miles (480 kilometres) of winding, scenic roadway and beaches! All beaches are public thanks to the "1967 Oregon Beach Bill". This means that none of the beaches are privately owned! Enjoy!
YOUR Oregon Coast vacation will be an excellent beach vacation!
Some parts offer great surfing for the beginner as well as the more experienced. Some historic lighthouses may be viewed and the Hecety Head Lighthouse even has a
Bed and Breakfast
• Best Seaside Towns to Visit •
- Florence, sand dunes and tastefully restored part of the "Old Town".
We had great pizza at 1285 Restobar and Trattoria.
- Astoria, known for Victorian style homes! The romance of a bygone era.
- Tillamook has wonderful cheeses! You just have to visit the
Tillamook Cheese Factory
. It is like visiting the Jelly Belly Factory in California! Great for the kids and parents will love it too!
- The town of Seaside is famous for its Promenade! Take a nice stroll, enjoy the salt air!
has 9 miles or 14 Kilometers of beach! Haystack Rock is a landmark and is a sight to behold!
- Newport is renowned for its fantastic aquarium!
This banner is preset to the best of Oregon
• Best Things To Do On Your Oregon Coast Vacation •
- Camping by the waterfront in some great State Parks like we did!
on the beach!
- Biking tour of the Oregon coastline. What an adventure that would be!
- Kiting on the beach!
- Birding or birdwatching. Watch this
- What about a
Dune Buggy or ATV adventure
- Visit museums or small tourist shops.
Oregon Coast Aquarium
in Newport. One of the top 10 aquariums in all of the United States!
- Or…. how about just a long stroll along any of the sandy beaches?
• Best Oregon Coast Hotels and Resorts •
- The Ocean Lodge
in Cannon Beach. This is an oceanfront hotel close to famous Haystack Rock.
- Nestled along the Rogue River and listed within the top 100 by Conde Nast the Tu Tu Tun Lodge
where "water stirs the heart and nourishes the soul".
- The Stephanie Inn
located in Cannon Beach is also on the waterfront. Looking for more waterfront Cannon Beach hotels or vacation rentals?
Best Waterfront Destinations' picks for Cannon Beach waterfront accomodations.
- And don't forget the Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast!
View Best Waterfront Destination's
Cannon Beach vacation page
from this Oregon Coast Vacation page!