Your British Columbia vacation will be one of your most memorable waterfront vacations. B.C. offers a vast variety of remote and spectacular waterfront destinations! Many of these are nestled amongst the majestic Rocky Mountains.
From urban destinations like the world renowned city of Vancouver (home of the 1986 World Exposition and 2010 Winter Olympics) to the remote and spectacular beaches of Tofino, Vancouver Island. Your British Columbia vacation may also include its famous golf courses and the wine producing region of the Okanagan where you will find large freshwater lakes. This grand province boasts of being the best tourist destination of Canada!
With salt and freshwater readily available and very warm climate during the summer months, this vast province (which is almost three times the size of England) makes it ideal for any type of water activity. Little wonder that the motto for this province's license plates is… "The Greatest Place on Earth"!!
Let us look at some of the most popular waterfront destinations for your next British Columbia vacation in more detail shall we? In order to whet your appetite you may want to watch this video to familiarize yourself and start planning your British Columbia vacation.
This link is set for "The best of British Columbia Vacation"
Vancouver was named "Top City of the Americas" according to Conde Nast Traveler Magazine's 2009 Reader's Choice Awards. It is also a top pick in Trip Advisor's 2008 Traveller's Choice awards.
Much of Vancouver is waterfront. Here is a list of some of best Vancouver Beaches! !
Stanley Park is its crowning jewel and the seawall is enjoyed by all.
Want to learn more about this great waterfront destination?
Watch this video!
-The Sylvia Hotel
is a Vancouver waterfront hotel (just cross the street and you are on the beach!) and at Stanley Park's doorstep! My tip... Book well ahead of time for summer!
It is one of the oldest hotels in Vancouver and is very charming with beautiful sunset views.
-The Fairmont Waterfront and the Fairmont Pacific Rim Vancouver . Five Star hotel. Four Diamond rated. Great location! Can we expect anything else from Fairmont Hotels?
- The Pan Pacific Hotel (pictured above) is an extremely unique waterfront hotel in Vancouver with a fabulous location. Close to Stanley Park, it is a true Vancouver landmark!
Here is our full page of
the best waterfront hotels in Vancouver giving more information on these beautiful Vancouver accommodations for your British Columbia Vacation!
Condé Nast Traveler magazine ranked Vancouver Island as the second in the "Top Islands of North America" category! Sparsely populated, Vancouver Island offers many waterfront destinations such as Victoria, Long Beach, Tofino, Ucluelet and Campbell River.
Some of the most visited Gulf Islands are Salt Spring Island, Galiano Island, South Pender Island. It is a region widely know for whale watching, birding, salmon fishing and yes… surfing! However, possibly the biggest attraction on Vancouver Island is the outstanding Butchart Gardens!
• In the city of Victoria the premier waterfront hotel is the grand Fairmont Empress Hotel . This turn of the century hotel has been ranked "number one Condé Nast of Vancouver Island 2009". It is also recipient of the Condé Nast Gold List 2010! No sense in being modest here! Beautifully maintained. Absolutely first class!
Visit the beautiful city of Victoria and sleep in the best waterfront hotel it has to offer!
• Our personal favorite is Long Beach Lodge Resort
in Tofino near Long Beach National Park. This resort has one of the nicest social rooms to be enjoyed by guests! We love to sit in "the great room" and read a book and look out at the ocean. The fireplace is warm and inviting on those "storm watching days"! It is a very relaxed atmosphere to by enjoyed by all. Cabins may also be rented and the resort is pet friendly!
• The world renowned Wickaninnish Inn or "The Wick"
. Well established and member of the exclusive Relais & Chateaux award system of privately owned hotels and restaurants.
• The Remote - Refined - Remarkable method of "camping" at Clayoquot Wilderness Resort! They offer a truly unique "camping" experience in luxury.
Clayoquot Wilderness Resort was the destination wedding location where Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson were married (Now divorced).
• Painter's Lodge in Campbell River offers world class fishing with luxury accommodations. The pristine area of Campbell River is also a great place to whale watch and participate in other wildlife and nature tours. Best of all it can be a place to get away from it all!
Relax and rejoice! Listen to the soothing sound of waves. Vancouver Island offers luxury remote resorts.