Cancun, located on the Yucatan Peninsula, is the busiest of all Mexican tourist cities. Things to do in Cancun and attractions include
beautiful beaches , adventure tours, golf courses, archeological sites, superb snorkeling and scuba diving. If you are the type of tourist looking for entertainment of all sorts this is the most complete resort area on the East coast of Mexico!
These links will take you to some of the best attractions and things to do in Cancun!
• Rated as a #1 Mexico and Cancun adventure park, the
Selvatica Canopy Expedition and Adventure Tour is highly recommended! It is the longest zip line tour in all of North America with a total of 12 lines stretching an amazing 2000 feet through the jungle! There is also a corona buggy circuit, a Segway circuit, horseback riding and snorkeling!
• Scuba diving is definitely one of the things to do in Cancun! If you are looking go learn how to scuba dive the
Nautilus Diving & Training Center is very highly rated. If you are not going to snorkel or scuba dive in this region of Mexico you are missing out on an incredible part of this wonderful waterfront destination!
• Cancun attractions of Chichen Itza along with Tulum (Tulum is part of the Riviera Maya) are "the" places to see the Mayan archaeological sites! Approximately one hour inland of Cancun this is truly an archeological wonder. These are the most photographed Mexico ruins by far ! Rated as one of the "Seven Wonders of the world" in 2007 and also noted in the book "1000 places to see before you die", Chichen Itza is definitely one of the things to do in Cancun!
Coco Bongo Show and Disco is another one of Cancun attractions and seems to be the place to go to if you are looking to see a Las Vegas style show and dance the night away! With seating for up to 1800 guests, professional dancers, brilliant costumes, acrobats, professional lighting, super D.J., celebrity impersonators, and great choreography, Coco Bongo is not to be missed. "Las Vegas meets Mexico" some say of this club! We suggest you read these reviews and
visit their website to ensure this is one of the things to do in Cancun for you!
• Isla Mujeres is the place to go if you are looking to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of Cancun. You may reach this small island by ferry. Transportation on this small island is mostly scooters and golf carts! As much fun as Cancun attractions can be the last thing you need when you get back home is a vacation from your vacation! Go ahead, leave the phone and laptop behind!
• One of the things to do in Cancun for some people may also include shopping. It can be enjoyable even for those who have to be taken by their loved ones! Guys… you know what we mean!
One shopping attraction is the La Isla Shopping Mall. Make her happy and open up the purse strings! You too may enjoy shopping in this beautiful mall with a man made river running through it! Here is what one person had to say! “The only mall my husband will actually go to”.
Another part of things to do in Cancun is a great game of golf… It's a great walk in the park! As bad a game as you can have… it will be that one shot that says… come back next time! It's a love and hate relationship (sometimes more love than hate)!
A suggestion ladies and gentlemen... if you (the man) want to get away for golf but having a little trouble... why not check to see if they have a spa on the premises. You golf... she gets a nice massage. Or ladies... you want to have a massage? Why not let him play golf! Yes... some Cancun golf courses also have a spa on the premises! You both win.
For those looking for a short game this Cancun golf course is recommended.The El Manglar Golf Course Riviera Maya
. This Cancun Executive golf course is an 18 hole par 54 with a total yardage of 2923 yards.
That being said, don't let it deceive you. It can be a little challenging.
Go ahead… got time for quick game?
One of the best golf courses in Cancun is the Hilton Cancun Golf & Spar Resort. A par 72 course measuring a total of 6734 yards. Sand and water make it a challenge. Yes... a spa is on the premises!
The Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, designed by the Jack Nicklaus group is made up of three, nine hole courses. The Jungle Course, The Lake Course, and the Dunes.
Each course is a par 36 for a total of 10,798 yards! Each offering different challenges so… chose your adversary carefully!
Yes... as the name states, there is a spa on this Cancun resort!
Designed by world famous golfer Greg Norman,
Playa Mujeres Golf Club is considered one of the finest courses in Mexico. A par 72, 18 hole golf course measuring a total of 7218 yards. Carefully carved in the tropical jungle and lined by beautiful Caribbean beaches, this Cancun golf course has been well reviewed by avid golfers!
Visit the best Cancun beaches for more things to do in Cancun!