Santa Monica State Beach is a vast beach between 2 to 3 miles (3.2 - 4.8Km.) long. At low tide it has incredible width as well making it one of the most popular family beaches in Los Angeles. The sand area covered is a whopping 245 acres! Very family oriented, this beach has some of the nicest features for families to enjoy in Los Angeles. The waves offer great surfing, as well as other water activities.
For some who prefer to travel light and be pampered or... are you planning a romantic beach date? You may want to consider the beach butler service from Perry's! This is probably the only beach in Los Angeles offering this service.
The Santa Monica State Beach is well manned with lifeguards, restrooms and all
other facilities one could need in a family beach. Since Santa Monica State Beach is a family beach this also means that it
provides facilities for the elderly and disabled to enjoy their day
along this beautiful L.A. beach. This beach is a must for your California family beach vacation!
• Fun Things To Do At Santa Monica State Beach•
• Bike rental shops are close by for you to enjoy a bicycle ride along the bike path. The bike path is a total of 5.2 miles (8.4 Km.) long from Will Rogers State Beach and Venice Beach.
• There are plenty of volleyball courts to make new friends.
• Paddleboarding is increasing in popularity in the area and of course there is the surfing.
•There is a quarter acre b> park at Ocean Front Walk at seaside Terrace.
• A family day spent along the Santa Monica Beach absolutely has to include the famous Santa Monica Pier. This double-jointed Pier features a small aquarium, large ferris wheel, carousel and small roller coaster! Find out more here.
• Fishing off the pier! No license required and equipment is available to rent on the pier.
• Surfing is great.
And finally...best attractions in Santa Monica
• Tips And What To Watch For At Santa Monica Beach •
• You will easily find restrooms, change rooms and showers.
• Bring a sweater for early morning walks and romantic evening strolls. Late September to early June.
• Good assortment of restaurants, concessions stands close by. Why not try Pier Burger at the Pier if you want something quick!
• There is no alcohol allowed on any California beach.
• If swimming, ensure to check with attending lifeguard for safest spots.
• No dogs allowed on beach. Visit Leo Carrillo Beach for dog friendly beach.
• South end of beach is fairly close to main Los Angeles Airport. Aircraft traffic will cause some noise.
Weather: The weather in Santa Monica is generally great. You will find frequent fog in the mornings that burn off to reveal another day of sunshine. It is always good to have a sweater with you for morning and evening strolls from late September to early June.
- Here is the Los Angeles yearly average to help you plan your vacation long term.
- Here is the current weather at the beach with tide report. Surf Report and tide times: For your surfing plans at Santa Monica State Beach. Rentals: Rent some surf equipment or get surfing lessons. Rent a bicycle, inline skates and more! Try some of these locations. Community Center: The Annenberg Community Beach House offers great programs right on the beach. Pool and swimming lessons included! Los Angeles beaches: Find more of the best best Los Angeles beaches here.
• Photo Credits •
Top photo: Panoramio: Fabdub
Video: Pacific Park
Hotel Santa del Mar: Hotel Casa Del Mar
Warning: Always use extreme caution at any beach you may visit. Water conditions change from day to day depending on weather etc.. Never swim alone and supervise children at all times. Rogue waves may occur anytime.