Edited January 2023
Vancouver waterfront restaurants offer great food, great patios and some of the most romantic settings you would find anywhere.
West side Waterfront restaurants (English Bay and Yaletown) offer ocean views and marinas and the very best sunsets that Vancouver can offer.
North side waterfront restaurants (Coal Harbour) offer views of the Burrard Inlet, North shore mountains and marinas.
South side waterfront restaurants (Kitsilano and Granville Island) offer views of the Vancouver’s English Bay and West side.
Olympic Village waterfront restaurants also offer views of English Bay and Yaletown.
West and North Vancouver waterfront restaurants offer views of Stanley Park, Coal Harbour and good sunsets.
Here are our top picks by the above locations in the city. They must be a best waterfront destination with outstanding water views. Food and service quality is a must and hopefully a great patio for the summer months!
The Vancouver West side is known for it beautiful Seawall. It is the very best for evening strolls and watching sunsets. To the east you will enjoy Vancouver marinas and to the west you will enjoy Stanley Park.
• The Teahouse Restaurant • Reservations recommended. An all time fine dining favourite. Superb location in Stanley Park with a great patio for summer lunch and dinner. For winter months ask for a seat by the fireplace. This restaurant is also popular for wedding events. Personally... it is my favourite for fine dining. Stroll the Seawall and stop in. They also own The Sandbar Seafood RestaurantThe Sandbar at Granville Island as well as the non waterfront restaurant Seasons in the Park at Queen Elizabeth Park! Another one of my favourites.
• Ancora Waterfront Dining and Patio • A fine dining experience described by some as one of the finest seafood restaurants in Vancouver. With a cuisine that blends Peruvian and Japanese cultures, it offers a flavourful menu different from any other in Vancouver. Described by some as one of the finest seafood restaurants in Vancouver. The location provides panoramic views of False Creek.
• Cactus Club on the Beach • Probably the best place for sunsets. Great food, good outdoor patio. Long lineups in the summer. Suggest you plan to leave your name with host and enjoy a walk along the seawall or just relax on the beach!
• Provence Marinaside • This is a fine dining restaurant in the Yaletown area. Their award winning menu features southern France seafood. Located across from the marina, you will certainly taste their passion for food in every bight.
• Sylvia's Restaurant and Lounge • This Vancouver waterfront restaurant along with the Sylvia Hotel offer a step back in time. One of the oldest hotels and restaurants in Vancouver, it has "Heritage" building status. The Sylvia offers a superb location along English Bay. Its menu is "West Coast" cuisine. It is perfect for afternoon cocktails. An excellent restaurant for relaxing jazz evening on Sunday evenings.
Coal Harbour offers views of the North Shore mountains, Burrard Inlet and Stanley Park to the west. There are no beaches in this part of the City. This is where you will find cruise ships heading out to Alaska in the summer months as well as great marinas.
• LIFT Bar Grill View • This cozy and intimate waterfront restaurant offers views of the water, city skyline and Stanley Park. Food is delicious and the patio is a must in the summer. This location is a favourite for Happy Hour.
• Cardero's Restaurant • Nestled in Vancouver’s Coal Harbour, this restaurant is one of Vancouver’s best. If you time it just right, a table by the window provides you with spectacular views of the marina. They are famous for their seafood but their menu also offers much more including a wonderful weekend brunch.
• Miku • The menu in this beautiful fine dining waterfront restaurant is unlike anything you will find in Vancouver. It was the first restaurant to introduce Aburi-style cuisine to Vancouver. It combines traditional Japanese flavours with local, west coast menu items to create a unique dining experience. You will not be disappointed with the food, the atmosphere or the wonderful water views.
• Five Sails Restaurant • With breathtaking water views of Vancouver, amazing West Coast cuisine and impeccable service, you can’t go wrong with this beautiful fine dining restaurant in Vancouver’s Pan Pacific Hotel. For a real treat, book a spa treatment at the hotel’s Spa Utopia.
• Tap & Barrel, Coal Harbour • A wonderful pub atmosphere with a drink menu featuring BC craft beer and premium wines along with stunning views of Burrard Inlet, North Shore Mountains and Stanley Park.
• Cactus Club Cafe, Coal Harbour • The atmosphere at all of the Cactus Club locations are casual featuring a west coast menu. What makes this location special are the water views – overlooking the North Shore Mountains, Stanley Park and the Olympic Cauldron. It’s also a perfect spot to watch the seaplanes land and take off. Frankly, during the summer evenings this place (as well as other Cactus Club locations) are simply an extremely well oiled machine. Be prepared to wait during peak dinner times and weekends! Great food. I recommend going earlier in the evening
Kitsilano Beach is one of Vancouver's favorite beaches. It offers great views of the Vancouver West side. Granville Island offers great arts and crafts shops as well as a great food market! Spend the day here and enjoy a great waterfront restaurant!
• The Boathouse Restaurant • With unobstructed views and a year round patio this casual dining restaurant on Kitsilano Beach is a great spot for lunch, dinner or brunch any day of the week. It’s menu features steak and fresh seafood from the coast of BC.
• Local Public Eatery, Kitsilano • Great pub food and craft beer selection at a perfect location across from Kits Beach. The patio in summertime is worth a visit. It is also a popular spot for watching the game!
• Go Fish • Fish and chips by the water is always a treat! Go Fish has a relaxed, comfortable vibe and the food is delicious. There is often a line up but it is worth the wait. Located just outside Granville Island it offers a view of the water, the bridge and the island itself.
• Sandbar Restaurant, Granville Island • Amazing, fresh seafood every time. Live music nightly. Reservations are recommended. Located under the Granville Island bridge and central to all the island has to offer with beautiful views of the water and the city. If staying in Vancouver’s West End, you a catch a short ferry across to the Granville Island.
The Olympic Village along False Creek offers beautiful close up views of Vancouver. Head west and you will join Granville Island. Very limited parking in this area. A great place to start your bike ride and head all the way to Kits Beach!
• Branas Grill, Olympic Village • This family owned and run restaurant serves delicious Greek and Mediterranean food in a relaxed atmosphere right on the seawall with large windows providing a beautiful view of the mountains, city lights at night and spectacular sunsets. They often have live music and comedy shows so check out their website for details.
• Mahony's Tavern, Olympic Village • A traditional Irish pub house in a relaxed casual atmosphere with great food, this restaurant overlooks False Creek and is located along it’s beautiful seawall. It offers great views of downtown Vancouver and the North Shore mountains.
• Tap & Barrel, Olympic Village • Like its Coal Harbour location, this casual pub atmosphere has a great food and drink menu feature BC craft beer and BC wines. It offers views of the city skyline and the North Shore mountains.
On the North Shore of Vancouver are the communities of West and North Vancouver. Along this shore are very few waterfront restaurants but they are well worth a visit.
• The Beachhouse • One of the best waterfront restaurants in Vancouver. Beautifully located in the Dundrave community at the foot of the Pier. Their beachside patio offers great views of Burrard Inlet, Stanley Park, sunsets and summer cruise ships on their way to Alaska. The Beachhouse Restaurant offers great West Coast Cuisine and a fine wine list.
• Pier 7 Restaurant • Great location along the Lonsdale waterfront of North Vancouver offering sweeping views of Vancouver to Stanley Park. Year round outdoor heated patio. A premier Vancouver waterfront restaurant offering West Coast seafood cuisine as well as "The Boil".
• Arms Reach Bistro • Located out of the way in Deep Cove community in North Vancouver. Offering peek a boo views of Indian Arm. A fine restaurant serving Italian food as well as Pacific Northwest favourites. Reservations are suggested.